This month, Goole Jobcentre, in collaboration with the East Riding of Yorkshire Council and Andrew Percy’s office, will be holding a job fair on Friday 24th June 2022 at the Market Hall, Goole.
Why visit a job fair?
The world of job hunting can be hard, especially if you’re unsure which route to take or you’ve not had much luck securing interviews. So, what next? Signing up for a careers fair is a great way of meeting employers face to face and could open up many more opportunities compared to online applications.
The event will be open to the public from 10am to 2pm and will host a variety of employers plus training and voluntary organisations who will be promoting their jobs and opportunities and offering advice and support.
When you attend a careers’ fair you meet the people who matter. Sometimes it can be hard to get answers to the most important questions online but the fair gives you an opportunity to be proactive and talk to a range of employers. It’s easy to skip over an online job listing when you aren’t given all of the details which could mean missing out on the perfect role – that’s where fairs have an advantage.
As a candidate, there’s nothing worse than waiting weeks to hear back from employers. However, at careers’ fairs, employers are on the lookout for the newest talent and eager to start recruiting. Not only can you leave the event with an interview date in the diary but you could be starting the role much quicker too!
Why exhibit at a job fair?
• You can benefit from face-to-face recruitment and engage in the art of conversation. First impressions count. Speak directly with jobseekers. See beyond the CV.
• Cost effective recruitment – Create a faster and more effective impression of a CV by speaking to jobseekers directly at the event.
• Speak face-to-face to hundreds of jobseekers – Fast, efficient, effective, and direct recruitment of staff.
• Engage in ‘mini interviews’ on the day – find a star candidate you can’t let leave the event, take them behind your stand to conduct a ‘mini interview’ instantly.
• Great networking opportunities with exhibitors within the event – network with exhibitors within the event from different industries or the same.
• Create brand awareness to hundreds of local jobseekers – Just opened a new office? Expose your brand to the local jobseeker community.
For any employers who haven’t already expressed an interest in attending this event and would like more information, please contact Diane at Goole Jobcentre on 01405 664115.