Humberside Police are asking owners of Land Rover Defenders to take extra care with their security after a spate of vehicle thefts in recent months.
Fifteen such thefts have been investigated since November 1, 2015 in the area.
Owners are being urged to ensure that their vehicles are left securely and if they have an alarm to ensure that it is activated.
If anyone witnesses people acting suspiciously around cars they are urged to call 999 if there is a crime in progress or 101 in a non-emergency.
Police would also like to speak to anyone who knows who is responsible for the theft of the Land Rover Discovery’s or those handling the vehicles.
Top five security tips for car owners:
1. Keep the vehicle locked at all times and remove any and all valuables from view within the vehicle.
2. When at home park the car as near to your home as possible ideally on a driveway. If you don’t have a drive try to find somewhere well overlooked and illuminated.
3. Consider investing and using an alarm as a deterrent.
4. Make sure all keys for vehicles are hidden out of view as houses are sometimes broken into to steal vehicle keys.
5. Register your property such as mobile phones, SAT Nav’s onto the property register – www.immobilise.com.