Property expert David Leake of Housesetc gives us his top tips on how to sell your property after living with pets.
Not every buyer will feel the same as you do about your pet, so here are the top tips to ensure potential buyers are not put off by the negatives which often come with owning a pet.
1. Repair any damage caused by pets, including carpets, hardwood flooring, walls, furniture and outdoor areas. Your home should look its best.
2. Tidy up the garden, especially if you have a dog that “spends” a lot of time outside!
3. Your pet should not be seen during viewings.
4. Clean, clean, clean. It cannot be emphasized enough! The property must be thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed before each viewing. There could be lingering smells you haven’t noticed because you have lived with them for so long.
5. Remove all signs that you have pets, litter boxes, food and water bowls, and pet toys while viewers are looking around.
Your home will never get a second chance to make a first impression, so make sure the first impression is a good one.