Our Goole,
your award-winning ‘one stop shop’
for everything Goole

All your news, views, businesses, events and much more – at the touch of a button and through your letterbox in the monthly magazine – and best of all, it’s FREE!

Read our latest issue

Your ‘one stop shop’ for everything Goole

View online now

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is being introduced in stages across the UK. You don’t need to do anything until you hear from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) about moving to Universal Credit, unless you have a change in circumstances.

Are you digitally capable? Have you verified your identity?

Universal Credit Full Service is being introduced in stages across the UK by postcode area. Whether you can claim it and the way you manage your claim depends on where you live and your personal circumstances.

Universal Credit full service is available to all types of claimants in certain areas of the UK. You are in a full service area if it has an asterisk (*) in the list available on the www.gov.uk website. You will have an online Universal Credit account to manage your claim. You can use your account to report changes, send messages to your work coach and find support.

Eventually all Universal Credit claims will be on the full service and you will have a Universal Credit online account.

Claiming Universal Credit
When you make your claim you’ll be asked for your postcode and then be directed to the right service for you to complete your claim online.

You will always have access to a work coach who can help you with things like:
• Finding work.
• Increasing the hours you work.
• Getting better prepared for when you are able to work by learning new work skills or life skills.
• Helping you to improve your income, which is central to the Universal Credit service.

Reporting changes
Use your Universal Credit online account to report changes by answering the questions on the screen. The online service will also explain how to report changes you cannot report online at the moment.

GOV.UK Verify: The new way to prove your identity when using digital government services. Get ahead of the game and make using our services quicker and simpler. Don’t delay, Verify today: Gov.UK/Verify.

Universal Credit is a single monthly payment for people in or out of work. It replaces some of the benefits and tax credits that you might be getting now, such as Housing Benefit, Child Tax Credit, Income support, Working Tax Credit, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance and Income-related Employment and Support Allowance. For further information, visit www.gov.uk.

Visit our other publications and websites:

  Tadcaster Echo Doncaster Echo CreateTVT Selby